Handcrafted and small batch made, Detox Artisan Soap bars are packed full of moisturizing butters and skin loving oils as well as activated charcoal, tea tree oil, and bentonite clay which are great for breakout prone skin. This is a vegan, triple butter (Shea, Mango, and Kokum butters) bar of soap. Infused with tea tree oil, these bars smell fresh and will leave you feeling clean without striping your skin of moisture!
About my ingredients:
• Bentonite clay - Bentonite clay is formed from volcanic ash and has been used as a skin remedy for thousands of years. It is used in skincare primarily for its absorptive and detoxifying properties.
• Activated Charcoal - Activated charcoal is a form of carbon processed to have small, low-volume pores that increase the surface area available for adsorption. It is often “activated” by a high temperature steam process. The resulting activated charcoal has an increased surface area, increasing the charcoal’s ability to absorb and filter impurities. It is great for oily and acne prone skin as it naturally draws out oils and dirt, but may be a little too drying for dry skin types.
• Shea butter - Shea butter is naturally nourishing and has been used for centuries to nourish the skin. It is rich in skin loving vitamins A & E, which help protect the skin from environmental damage. While super moisturizing, shea butter also contains linolenic acid, which is similar to the body’s own oil. This makes Shea butter naturally easy for the skin to absorb without leaving you feeling greasy.
• Mango butter is a pure plant based butter extracted from the fruit kernels of the mango tree. Rich in rich in carotenoids and antioxidants, mango butter is creamy and moisturizing without leaving your skin feeling greasy.
• Kokum butter comes from the fruit kernels of the Kokum tree, also known as Garcinia indica, which is indigenous to the Western Ghats region of India. It has a high stearic acid content and is chock full of essential fatty acids such as Omega-3 and Omega-6 as well as Vitamin E. It helps contribute to the overall hardness of the bar of soap while allowing to to remain emollient and creamy. Kokum butter leaves the skin with a lightweight moisturized feeling without leaving a greasy residue.